Relieve Pain and Age Slower With Natural Strategies
Natural Pain Relievers
1. Use ICE. The traditional formula is still the recommended first response for sprained ankles and other minor injuries. Try Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation (RICE).
2. Apply heat. Heat packs soothe stiff necks and sore backs. Warmth relaxes muscles and reduces spasms.
3. Choose the right foods. Research suggests that certain foods promote healing. For example, ginger is known to fight inflammation. If your knee is bothering you, drink ginger tea. Cherries are another good choice because they contain powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins.
4. Work with a professional. Physical therapists treat pain and teach you how to correct the underlying habits. You may want to consider other services, such as massage therapy or sports injury centers.
5. Meditate daily. Meditation develops skills that make the pain easier to bear. Visit a meditation center or look for a self-help book at your library.
These tips will help you relieve your pain naturally.
Natural Methods to Slow Down Aging
1. Quit smoking. Tobacco is one main cause of premature aging. Even if you’ve had trouble quitting in the past, nicotine replacement products and other strategies could turn your next attempt into a lasting success.
2. Sleep well. Adequate amounts of good quality sleep are essential for giving our body time to heal and restore itself. Try going to bed and rising at about the same time each day. If you clear your mind of worries when you go to bed, it’s easier to drop off to sleep.
3. Exercise regularly. There’s growing evidence that sitting for long periods of time has a negative impact on your health. In addition to your usual workouts, look for ways to incorporate more physical activity into your daily life. Get a standing desk or walk around for a few minutes every half hour.
4. Manage stress. Stress causes inflammation and speeds up aging. Put aside time to relax with a warm bath or instrumental music. Make a conscious effort to slow down and focus on deep breathing.
5. Wear sunscreen. Sunscreen is the best defense against wrinkles and skin cancer. Wear it all year round. Whether you’re coping with chronic pain or just want to stay as youthful as possible, natural techniques like the MELT Method will help to keep you looking and feeling your best. Your physician can recommend the correct combination for your individual needs.